A: There’s a lifting rail to make it easy to operate the window from top and bottom. Tilt latches that make it easy and convenient for you to clean your windows. Vent latches that will help get a little cool breeze inside the house for ventilating purposes. Of course, the screens are easy to raise and lower from the inside as well.
If you’ve recently bought our vinyl windows in San Antonio—congratulations! You just made one of the smartest investments you can make into your home. The benefits of The Window Source vinyl windows impact everything from home value to energy savings.
For example, when you choose us for vinyl windows in San Antonio, you get the highest quality windows in the industry. The energy efficiency is outstanding and if you’re upgrading from contractor windows or old single panes—the difference is like night and day.
Why Customers Love Our Vinyl Windows In San Antonio
Our windows come with tons of features that make them easy to use and convenient to maintain. Some of our customer’s favorite features are:
Vinyl windows in San Antonio are workhorses. The same material that PVC plumbing pipes are made out of are what your windows are made from. It’s virgin vinyl and maintains its shape for decades no matter the climate. Think about it, during a freeze, PVC pipes are fine, it’s the metal ones that burst.
That should tell you all you need to know about the durability of vinyl that’s in our windows. When it comes to your home, vinyl windows in San Antonio excel at insulating your home from the cold air in winter. During the scorching heat in summer, they keep hot air out—they serve dual purposes. You don’t get that luxury with aluminum windows.
Our vinyl windows simply work and they work well for upwards of at least 20 years if not longer. You don’t even have to do a lot of maintenance, just clean them regularly. That is a far cry from wood windows which can warp when exposed to Texas humidity, and need frequent painting.
That being said, wood windows, might last you 10-20 years— if you’re lucky. But that lifespan also includes a ton of maintenance. Not to mention, even with a perfect maintenance record, you still have to worry about termites.
Aluminum, on the other hand, has no problem lasting 20 or more years. However, they’re horrible at insulating. So, the entire life of the window they’re costing you more and more money in energy costs.
Also, just because they can last a long time, doesn’t mean they’re going to look nice. After one beating from a Texas hail storm—they’re going to look like garbage. Then some of those dents can even affect the functionality and cause the window not to seal properly anymore.
Some locals, when you mention vinyl windows in San Antonio, they roll their eyes. They tell you that vinyl windows are ugly and don’t come in many styles. Well, they’re thinking of the early days of windows, back in the early 70s.
Sure, back then a good majority of vinyl windows in San Antonio prioritized low-cost over quality. However, we feel that is counter-productive—low-quality windows will always cost you more in the long run.
Our windows are in a class all their own, we only use the most durable materials—but with plenty of stylish options. Virgin vinyl does not warp and can take a beating from a Texas thunderstorm while looking classy at the same time. We have vinyl windows in styles such as:
- Double Hung Windows
- Single Hung Windows
- Casement Windows
- Picture Windows
- Bay & Bow Windows
That’s just naming a few, and they’re available in many different colors and even with simulated wood grain finishes.
When it comes to vinyl windows in San Antonio, you have elite-level windows and you have the gimmicky $100 window. Like we said, cheap windows cost you more in the long run, we only install elite-level windows.
They save you money because they are packed full of energy efficient features that help you save on your electricity bill.
- A durable vinyl frame that is sealed tight during installation. Proper installation is just as important as high-quality vinyl windows in San Antonio. Our install team is obsessed with the details and the quality of their work. This prevents any air leakage and keeps your conditioned air inside your home where it belongs.
- We use double pane glass with Argon gas fills between the panes of glass to create the ultimate insulative barrier.
- Low-E glass coating complements the gas fills by also adding insulative qualities. The film reflects UV rays, keeping them from warming your home.
Convenience & Comfort
When you buy vinyl windows in San Antonio from The Window Source, you’re getting a well-designed product. Not just for efficiency and durability but also aesthetics and convenience. Face it, no matter how tough and efficient a window is if it’s ugly and cumbersome to use—no one will want it. Our windows feature a laundry list of features built-in for convenience and beauty such as:
- The Glass we use is thicker than most windows and it adds a level of noise reduction that keeps your home insulated from outside noises.
- Night latches give you a convenient way to open the bottom sash overnight with the peace of mind that they’re secure. The night latches only allow the bottom sash to lift about 2-3 inches preventing anyone outside from opening the window. These latches can withstand up to 250lbs of pressure—so you’re safe.
- Tilt latches allow you to tilt your window sash in for cleaning the outside of your windows—without having to go outside. This makes window cleaning far less tedious and a lot more convenient.
- Concealed balances keep your windows raising up and down easy but without having to see them. This provides a more refined look to the part of a window that isn’t exactly stylish as it’s purely mechanical.
Call Us For Vinyl Windows In San Antonio!
Listen, we know you have a lot of choices when it comes to replacement window companies in San Antonio. We also know that we operate on a different level. It’s the reason we’re one of the top window companies in the Hill Country area.
If you’re looking for impeccable service, attention to detail, and windows that we’re confident enough in to give a lifetime warranty—CONTACT US, we’d love to give you a free, in-home consultation.